Friday 3 August 2012

23 Things - Signing Off

I've been posting updates to my original 23 Things blog entry as comments. I'd like to say they were regular but that wouldn't be entirely truthful. 
http://jennyscabinetofcuriosities.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/23-things.html
I've reached a point where doing 23 Things as well as Chartership has become a real struggle. I've also found that I've already done many things on the list or intend to do them as part of my PPDP. With some, as in the case with Week 6, (organising) I have  found solutions which better suit my need, for example Skydrive.
For example:
Things I have already done some of:

Week 5 - (18th July) Online Networks / Real Life Networks
  • Thing 6: Online networks (LinkedIn, Facebook, LISNPN, LATNetwork, CILIP Communities) 
  • Thing 7: National/Regional groups, Special interest groups and looking outside the library sphere
Week 7 - (1st August) Librarianship training options 
  • Thing 10: Graduate traineeships, Masters degrees, Chartership, Accreditation
  • Thing 11: Mentoring
Week 11 - (29th August) Getting involved
  • Thing 15: Attending, presenting at and organising seminars, conferences and other events
  • Thing 16: Advocacy, speaking up for the profession and getting published.
Week 16 - (3rd October) Promoting yourself in job applications and at interview
  • Thing 21: How to identify your strengths, how to capitalise on your interests, how to write something eyecatching that meets job specs. 
  • Thing 22: Volunteering to get experience 

The only Thing left that I really have a great deal of interest/passion about is Thing 20 which explores a day in the life of a library. Maybe this is cheating, maybe I should invest the time to complete the 23 Things fully. However I feel that I have to focus myself on Chartership and use the limited time I have available to me to make progression with this. I am trying to do to much (not just in terms of my CPD - I am also training for a half marathon in September) 
Therefore I have decided to call a halt to my very slow progress with 23 Things. The exception with this will be that I will attempt over the next few weeks to do a diary entry for one day per week at work on the blog. I might even submit something to CILIP for Update depending on how it turns out.

So that's me signing off from 23 Things... Maybe see you again next year when I hopefully will be Chartered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment