Saturday, 10 January 2015

Flowers for Printing

So I've been ill. So ill I had to take a couple of days off work which is pretty much unheard of for me as I'm one of those annoying people who will drag themselves in regardless. And to be honest, after 2 and a half days of me wandering around the place like a zombie, coughing and having hot and cold flushes, I'm fairly sure the rest of the team were glad to see the back of me and I was certainly glad to spend some quality time with my duvet.

Normally given a couple of days in bed I'd have got on with the work that has been progressing slowly for a while, namely the ongoing work with micro fiche. However I've felt so rotten I didn't really trust myself with scissors, let alone a scalpel, so I had to find something else to keep myself busy. Preferably something that didn't involve a lot of energy.

I've been playing with the idea of printing again for a while. Either with the rubbers I've previously used or doing some proper lino cuts. So I thought I'd get some sketches done and see how stylized I could make them. I should say this doesn't come naturally to me. It's years since I did any proper drawing, even longer since I painted and the transformation of images into something that can be used for printing isn't something I find easy. However I've enjoyed keeping my fingers busy with these, even if some are better than others. I suppose watch this space to see whether I get any further with the actual printing bit. 


No comments:

Post a Comment