Monday 29 October 2012

Russian Dictionary Recreated

Yet another refugee from our recent weeding exercise this small dictionary had never been out on loan. I like to think I've given it a new lease of life by saving it from the recycling bin,  even though this work isn't particularly original it does have  a tactile element to it that I like. It also makes a lovely feathery sound when moved, sort of like autumn leaves rustling. 





The major mistake I made with this one was not leaving a few untouched pages in the centre so it looks a bit unfinished when open. A couple of whole pages would have solved this problem so as always it's a case of live and learn. I also have a few more plans for this particular piece so it may feature again once I have had another play. 

1 comment:

  1. I love your bookart! It's so pretty, and so much better than simply skipping weeded books. Where on earth do you get your ideas from?! Wouldn't mind having a go at it myself one day, though I've no idea what I'd do with the finished product!

    ReplyDelete